About Bloom Burton & Co.
Bloom Burton Securities Inc. is a healthcare-specialized investment banking firm located in Toronto, Ontario and is a member firm of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Our firm is uniquely dedicated to accelerating returns for both investors and companies in the healthcare sector. Bloom Burton has an experienced team composed of banking, capital markets, medical, and scientific professionals who perform a deep level of diligence, which combined with our creative and entrepreneurial approach, assists our clients in reaching the most appropriate monetization events. Bloom Burton and its affiliates provide capital raising, M&A advisory, institutional sales and trading, equity research, business and scientific consulting services, asset management and company formation and incubation services.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is passionate about the capital markets and the healthcare sector to join our investment banking team as a Summer Investment Banking Analyst. During this summer placement, the individual will assume the role of a full-time Investment Banking Analyst and work closely with members of the investment banking team while gaining exposure to many aspects of the investment banking function within our firm.
• Source, review and organize financial data;
• Conduct fundamental qualitative and quantitative industry and market analysis;
• Help maintain and develop financial models;
• Assist in the valuation of public and private companies;
• Perform mergers and acquisitions analyses;
• Support the preparation of external client proposals, internal presentations, client presentations, and various offering documents;
• Assist in the daily valuation of the firm's securities holdings; and
• Perform administrative duties related to transaction execution.
• Record of academic achievement;
• A strong and demonstrated interest in corporate finance and a desire to participate in the capital markets;
• The most successful analysts have typically taken courses in finance, economics and accounting with some experience and/or a keen interest in financial modeling;
• Coursework in the basic or medical sciences is an asset but not a requirement;
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint;
• Programming experience (VBA) in an asset but not a requirement;
• Good communication skills - both written and verbal;
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
• Proven time management skills to manage multiple projects; and
• Willingness and desire to learn.
Term: May – August 2020
Please send a cover letter and resume by December 8th, 2019.
Only those under consideration will be contacted. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We do not accept agency introductions or phone calls.