About Bloom Burton & Co.
Bloom Burton Securities Inc. is a healthcare-specialized investment banking firm located in Toronto, Ontario and is a member firm of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) and the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). Our firm is uniquely dedicated to accelerating returns for both investors and companies in the healthcare sector. Bloom Burton has an experienced team composed of banking, capital markets, medical and scientific professionals who rely on a deep level of fundamental due diligence, combined with our creative and entrepreneurial approach, to help our clients reach the most appropriate monetization events. Bloom Burton and its affiliates provide capital raising, M&A advisory, institutional sales and trading, equity research, business and scientific consulting services, asset management and company formation and incubation services.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is passionate about the capital markets to join our healthcare investment banking team as a full-time analyst. This individual will work closely with our investment banking professionals and assist with all aspects of the investment banking function at Bloom Burton to help deliver the highest quality advice and transaction execution to our clients.
· Source, review, organize and interpret financial data;
· Create client pitches, management presentations and offering documents;
· Develop financial models and valuations for M&A, financing scenarios or other transactions based on discounted cash flow, comparables and pro forma analyses;
· Conduct due diligence, including fundamental industry qualitative and quantitative analysis;
· Assist with deal process execution for both M&A and financing transactions;
· Assist with securities operations duties, including settlement for new issues.
· Undergraduate degree with upper quartile academic standing;
· An ardent and long-term interest in investment banking;
· Exceptional integrity, ethics and maturity along with an ability to interact with colleagues and clients with the highest professional standards;
· Familiarity with the commercial biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry preferred, but not a requirement;
· Advanced knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including financial modeling and valuation analysis in Microsoft Excel;
· Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
· High attention to detail and commitment to high-quality work product;
· Proven time management skills to facilitate the completion of multiple tasks in parallel in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment;
· Willingness to learn and high intellectual curiosity; and
· A graduate degree or in-process or completed CFA or similar professional designation is an asset, but not a requirement.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: January 2020 / Fall 2020
We sincerely thank you for your interest in the position. Only those under consideration will be contacted.